Finally, Google had unveiled much-awaited smartphone of the year Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL at its âMadeByGoogleâÂ event held in New York today after a lot of rumours.Â The Pixel 3 will start at $799 and Â£739 while the Pixel 3 XL starts at $899 and Â£869.
Features of Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL
- 5.5-inch Display & 6.3 Inch QHD+ OLED Display for Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL respectively.
- Resolution: 1440Ã2960 pixels with an aspect ratio of 18.5:9
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB and 128GB storage options
- IP68 water and dust resistant
- wireless charging support
- Snapdragon 845 processor
- Graphics:Â Adreno 630 GPU
- Battery:Â 2915 mAh
- Android 9.0 Pie
- Rear Camera:Â 12.2MP resolution,Â f/1.8 aperture
- Front Camera:Â 8MP + 8MP
- 4G Volte
- Fingerprint Sensor on Rear Side
- New Google Assistant Feature
- Measures 11.45Ã7.95Ã0.27 inches (LWH)
- Titan M Security Chip, which encrypts data and passwords
- Includes free 3-month trial of YouTube TV
- Support for 4K external display
Both Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL has also introduced âTop Shotâ featuresÂ which uses AI to pick the best moments to take a picture.Â Photobooth Picture mode is also available in Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL. Other features include Night Sight, used in low-light settings without a flash, and Super Res Zoom, which improves zooming without losing image quality.
Both these phones will be available in three colour variant- Just Black, Clearly White, Not Pink. If you ask us for the look of Pixel 3 then it is â âglass backs with matte and glossy textures in two-tone backingâ. In terms of display size, both these phones are larger than previous release i.e Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL Respectively.
In terms of Camera, Both phones have a single Rear camera of 12MP and Dual Front camera (8MP + 8MP) and according to Google, the second camera will give you â 184 percent more of the sceneâ as that of iPhoneÂ XS.
In term of connectivity specifications, the device includesÂ devices include 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac with 2Ã2 MIMO, USB Type-C (v3.1) port, Bluetooth v5.0 + LE, NFC, GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, BeiDou, and Google Cast.
This phone does not have 3.5 mm headphone jack but you need not worry because you will getÂ plenty of dongles in the box, which also contains USB-C Pixel earphones.
The phone also packs a special security chip called Titan M, meant to protect users from malware and other digital threats, and securing the operating system and your passwords.
New googleÂ assistant feature is also bundled in these phones. You can use Assistant to make a reservation via voice andÂ Call Screen, which will let the assistant answer the phone for you and transcribe the conversation in real time.
You may also like to read:
Best Caller ID Apps for Android in 2018