Today, we discussed on the scan and fix corrupted windows files in different-different methods. These methods are first is Scan And Fix Corrupted Windows Files With Command, second is Repairing System Files When Windows Failed To Boot, and third is System Restore And Reset so let’s start.
Manually scan out all the corrupted files in your Windows OS and simply fix them with some straightforward commands and Windows ISO file to recover them back directly from the PowerShell with the below-given guide.
Today most of the computer users area unit acting on Windows OS, one in every of the simplest and easy OS that has varied options to its users. until currently you may have scanned our millions of guides relating to Windows OS, and here we tend to keep company with another nice one. during this article, we’ll be guiding you on the way to scan and fix the corrupted files in your Windows OS. Yes, it’s potential and might be simply done. attributable to sure viruses or the other reasons, Windows system files will get corrupted, and your computer starts insulation and shows unknown behaviour and at a time you retain on finding solutions. Rather then mistreatment antiviruses or reinstalling OS what if you’ll be able to directly scan and fix the corrupted file. thus have a glance at complete mentioned below to proceed with this.
Also Read: How To Enable Safe Mode Boot Menu In Windows 10
How To Scan And Fix Corrupted Windows Files
The method is sort of simple and simple, and you only ought to enter some system commands to induce the files scanned so fix all the corrupted files and for that follow some straightforward steps below.
Also Read: How to Automatically Clean Windows of Unused Files
Steps To Scan And Fix Corrupted Windows Files:
- First of all, press windows button so sort Powershell, and currently, it’ll show the Windows Powershell possibility, right-click thereon and choose Run as Administrator.
- Now in PowerShell, enter the below command to scan all the corrupted files in your OS.
- Now you would like to repair the files and for that, you would like to enter the below command in Powershell.
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Now windows can begin fixing the files, and you ought to twiddle my thumbs during this method because it can take quite a time to finish.
- Now you would like the particular ISO file to induce the file recovered, and for that, you just ought to transfer the Windows ISO file of your specific version.
- Now once the file is downloaded merely right-click thereon and opt for the choice mount.
- Now come back to power shell and enter the below command.
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:X:\sources\install.wim:1
Also Read: How To Increase Windows Defender Security Level
Note: Replace the letter “X” with the actual drive letter of your Windows installation media.
Currently just execute the below command in PowerShell sfc /scannow
That’s it! you are done, now you will see the message there that the windows file has been recovered successfully.
Also Read: Your PC Ran Into A Problem And Needs Restart (SOLVED 100%)
Method 2: Repairing System Files When Windows Failed To Boot
- You need to have the Windows installation DVD, you can borrow one from a friend or use a Recovery drive created on any computer. Insert the Windows Installation DVD and boot it on your computer.
- Once booted, you will see the windows installation option. One the first step, you will be asked to select the language and time format. Click on ‘Next’ to continue.
- Now on the next page, you need to click on “Repair Your Computer”
- Now you will be asked how you want to continue to repair your computer. Here you need to select the option ‘Troubleshoot’
- Now in the next step, you will be given two options, you need to select “Advanced Option”
- Now under “Advanced Options” you need to select “Command Prompt”
- Now in the command prompt, you need to use the ‘dir’ command. The command will help you to find the drive letter of your Windows partition. Like in the screenshot below. D:\ has the actual windows partition.
- You need to run the ‘SFC’ command to repair the windows installation. It will fix all the corrupted files. Simply, enter the command
sfc /scannow /offbootdir=D:\ /offwindir=D:\windows
Note: you can replace D:\ with your actual drive letter in the above command
Now, wait until the scan completes. Once completed, reboot the system and enjoy. This will fix the Windows corrupted files issue.
Also Read: High Five Common PC Problem & Solutions
Method 3: System Restore And Reset
If the above two methods failed to work then you need to run the system restore tool that will fix the issue. The system restore tool was included in Windows 10 and 8.1.
The tool basically, restores your operating system files to a previous state, a time where the files were not corrupt. However, make sure to remember the name of the important apps or backup your files onto the external hard drive or Pendrive because system restore will delete some of the apps installed on your computer.
- First of all, in the Windows search bar enter “System Restore” and then open the “Create a Restore Point”
- Now you need to click on the configure button as shown in the image below.
- Then you need to enable the “Turn on system protection” and then make the Max Usage level to 5-10% and then press on Apply.
You can conjointly fix the corrupted Windows file by doing the entire reset. For that, open the search box and so kind “System Reset” and below Reset this computer click on “Get Started”
Now you’ll get to ascertain 2 choices “Keep My Files” and “Remove Everything”. select the choice consistent with your would like.
So higher than guide is all regarding Scan and Fix Corrupted Windows Files. Use this technique and simply fix any of the broken files in your Windows OS, simply by victimisation the ability shell to scan and ISO file to mend that exact files manually. therefore do that out nowadays. Hope you prefer the guide, carry on sharing with others too. Leave a comment below if you’ve got any connected queries with this.
Also Read: How to Fix Windows Store Error – Windows Tricks